Tuesday, February 7, 2017

" It all started with the end"

   If you are reading this, it must mean you are either curious or you know something about me, or both.

   On 8 February 1974 I was admitted to the "psyche ward" of the US Naval Hospital NAS Cubi Pt, Republic of the Philippines.  I was on "hold".  They had run out of room at my new temporary home way out in the middle of the jungle at the Navy Rehabilitation Unit.  A 15 bed in-patient facility for those diagnosed with chronic alcoholism.  That was me.

   After 8 weeks in-patient treatment and return to my home base at San Miguel, Zambales Province, RP.  I was subsequently quickly transferred with my family, dog and all belongs to Fort George G. Meade, Md., the home of the NSA (National Security Agency).

   It was there my my life long trek through sobriety began.  Over the last 43 years of attendance at AA I have been so privileged to meet, know, and love some wonderful wonderful people.

   Today I am enjoying the same wonderful life.  I had been given a new lease on life back in 1974 and I praise God for enabling and guiding me through paths that were laden with surprise and peril.  They were also riddled with happy, joyous and free instances.

   Just for today it is my intention to continue this life of contented sobriety and spiritual growth.  I love being in love with life and all those I can meet and greet.

Love and light to all that read this
richard aka ezduzit777rgc@gmail.com










1 comment: